El Sobrante, California Water Heater Services
When you think of plumbing appliances, you probably think of things like the washing machine and dishwasher.
And, these are two very important appliances. Your washing machine and dishwasher work hard to make sure that you save time, energy, and money on your day-to-day house chores. Do you even remember a time when you didn’t have a dishwasher? Most homes come standard with them anymore, and it’s no wonder – a dishwasher can save you up to 20 gallons of water vs. handwashing the same amount of dishes.
But, there is one appliance that is even more important that your dishwasher and washing machine. In fact, without it those other two appliances wouldn’t be able to work at all. Any idea what it is? It’s your water heater. The expert plumbers at Absolute Plumbing and Drain of El Sobrante know how important your water heater is, and we know all of the ins and outs of your water heater. In fact, we have been providing water heater installation, repair, and maintenance services for years.
How Your Water Heater Works
If you have a standard tank water heater, then you have seen the tall tube-looking thing standing in the corner of your garage, bathroom, laundry room, or utility area. Most standard tank water heaters hold somewhere around 30-gallons of water.
- The thermostat on your water heater is set to a specific temperature (preferably 120 degrees). Cold water comes into the water heater tank, and cools the heated water to a point that the thermostat takes notice.
- The thermostat initiates the heating element to turn on (some are powered by gas and others by electricity)
- The heating element turns on and heats up the water in the tank
Standard tank water heaters are not the most energy-efficient of water heater models. But, they are the most popular because they are the least amount of initial investment. And, up until about 20 years ago, they were the only option.
If you need any kind of water heater installation, maintenance, or repair – the team at Absolute Plumbing and Drain of El Sobrante will provide you with superior service and unsurpassed customer care. You can count on our team to give nothing but the best and to your 100% satisfaction.
Top Products & Technology
Quality Work at Reasonable Rates
We are Diamond Certified
Thankfully, your water heater will give some signs before it just goes kaput on you. This is very helpful, if you know what signs to look for. Being able to tell when your water heater is having trouble can give you that much of a head start on any kind of malfunction or breakdown, and reduce the amount of damage that is done.
Some of those signs include:
- The water coming out of your faucets doesn’t seem as hot as usual. This is a sign that either the heating element or the thermostat might need to be serviced
- There is a pool of water around the base of your water heater. This could be a sign that the tank is leaking and should be investigated right away.
- The thermostat is set to 120 degrees but, the water is cold. If you have a gas water heater, this could be a sign that the pilot light as gone out. If you have an electric water heater, this may be a sign that the heating coil is not working.
Make sure to contact us right away if your water heater shows any of these signs. Most of them are relatively minor but, if left without repair, they can each escalate into something major very quickly. It is important to give us a call as soon as you notice any of these signs so that we can thoroughly inspect your water heater and identify any areas of concern that might be causing the problem.
"Absolute Plumbing said they get there someone there before noon . Larry and Alex were right on time, friendly and highly professional. They got the job done quicker than I thought they would. They did double duty as miracle workers today."- Carol Y.
"Well, this was my first time using them. Coming from another plumber that we had used for a really long time."- Debra D.
"I have used Absolute Pluming several times, and every time I have called them they where very responsive thoroughly investigate the issue."- Gilbert B.
"Ryan from Absolute Plumbing Came out to do a second opinion on a sewer lateral on 11/262021 for my clients. The equipment he used was new and much easier to see and understand the situation we were dealing with."- Kathy E.
"Ryan came out and was very professional. He greeted us and then went right to work on the leak under my house. He fixed it in a quick and did a great job."- Judith M.